Saturday, March 2, 2013

God is Seeking Warm Hearts!!!



Every time I look at the news and some times even Facebook, I'm amazed how cold people can be.  Its as if they have no heart, almost nothing seems to move them.  They can see the despair and hurt that is out there in the world and turn their heads as if it doesn't matter.

It reminded me of the scripture in Matthew 24:12: And because lawlessness will be increased, the love of many will grow cold. We live in society today that is filled with evil, destruction and wickedness.  Little children are sold by family members into sex trafficking, that's cold; when the boy at school, that you believe is your one and only, reveals that he only wants to pimp you out, that's cold.  Its sad, but expected from those who don't know the love of Christ.

But when the righteous begin to show that nothing warms their hearts, it is heart breaking to God.  When we see a need and turn the other way because we have determined that person doesn't look like they "really" need help, that's cold; when we see the starving children in foreign countries and say, "well that's in other countries, we need to help people in america", that's cold; when we see suffering women and children trapped in sex slavery and say, "I don't believe that really happens, that's cold!!

Fact be told, we have some cold-hearted saints. And God is looking for warm hearted saints that care.  During Jesus' ministry on earth, He was constanly moved with compassion and when He was moved, He did something. He fed the hungry, He gave sight to the blind, healed the sick, raised the dead.  He had an amazing "Compassion Ministry".  John 14:12 says: Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.

God is looking for warm hearts that are reaching out to do more and more each day. Warm hearts serving others that are willing to be the hands and feet of Jesus. I would give up absolutely everything I have to fulfill the commission God has on my life, in many ways I already have. I have come to realize that it is not about going to church, sitting in my seat and serving in those four walls; although it is an absolute must to gather my self in fellowship with the saints.  But it is truly about helping, reaching, caring just like Jesus did!  It's seeing a need and meeting that need!!!

We all have the Great Commission placed on our life, either we are to go or to give resources for someone else to go.  Well my friend, if you don't feel the call to go, I invite you to partner with me, because I will go.  It burns within me to go out and help, so I will continue to ask this question again and again.  Won't you help me, touch a heart and change a life?  Please watch my video:
http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/touch-a-heart-and-change-a-life/x/2393774

No comments:

Post a Comment